Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Fling Blog Hop

     Welcome to the Spring Fling Blog Hop that Soma of Whims and Fancies is hosting for all of us !!
     Today is my day !!
     I decided to share with you a block that I made for some of my friends and I call it 'Spring Night'. I've never tried it in day colors and can't wait to see you interpretations !!

     Here's 'Spring Night' with a little birdie peeking out of his flower house.


     You can download the templates for FREE HERE. This block is 10" finished, 10.5" unfinished.
     And here's the design for placement.
     NOTE: there's an error on template C, it should only read C1 and C2 [instead of C3]. I couldn't erase the C2 line, and the valid line for sewing is the one next to the C3 piece.




Sewing order:

A
B - C
F - G
FG - D
H - E

FGD - HE

FGDHE - A

FGDHEA - BC

And your done ! Enjoy the FREE pattern !!

     There are lots of weekly prizes for taking part in the Spring Blog Hop. Remember to upload your blocks to this Flickr Group for a chance to win. Soma and other designers are giving away fantastic prizes !!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

When I downloaded the pattern, the line across the bottom of the page shows up backwards. Will that affect the look of the finished piece?

Nancy said...

Thank you for the pattern. This flower is so cute. I can't wait to sew it up.

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

Thank you so much for the love !

Kathy, it doesn't affect the pattern, it's written backwards because the templates are placed in a mirrored output so that when you so them up from the back of your paper using the paper piecing method, they end up like the photo of my finished block on the front of yours.

Rose in IN said...

This is "sew" cute! Thank you!

Soma Acharya said...

Thank you Sandy for sharing the pattern for this beautiful block!! I love it :)

ruthiequilts said...

Thanks for sharing your pattern Sandy!!! It is so darn cute! (Especially in 4 inches! I think I put 3 inches on Whims and Fancies, but I'm bitty confused! LOL!) Awesome little pattern!!! Hugs my friend!!!

Cindy said...

Fun pattern! Thank you for sharing, your block is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...