Saturday, October 6, 2012

Halloween Blog Hop, Day 6

Today's my day on the Halloween Blog Hop 'Something Whicked This Way Comes' hosted by Soma . Thank you sooo much, Soma, I couldn't have done this without your incredible help !!!

You probably know I LOVE Halloween and I LOVE Jack-o-lanterns, they are so fun !!! I've never carved one myself but love all the different interpretations that could be brought to life on them !!! Look at only a few...




Aren't they GORGEOUS ??!!!!! The last one with the kitty is my favorite !!!

Now you know where I'm going with this, right ?? Yes, my 10" x 10" block for the Halloween Blog Hop is a Jack-o-lantern, and here it is Happy Jack-O !!!


When I drew the pattern I thought it was complicated, but after making it I realised it's not ! 

I made a pattern with a white background, so you can print it and won't waste in printer ink ! The 10" size is wider than a A4 sheet so you'll have to attach the 2 parts. It's here

There's also the pattern with the color scheme and numbered pieces. It's here.

And then you have the pattern pieces with 1/4 seam allowance, as seen on the design. They are here.
When made, Happy Jack-O will look to the left.

And the pattern pieces with 1/4 seam allowance, mirrored placement. They are here.
When made, Happy Jack-O will look to the right, like mine.

I think I have a problem as I like things to the right, but for design purposes, you could like him looking to the left.

EDITED: the problem is fixed now, you can download the patterns. I'm so sorry for the problem, it was my first time uploading a file to Google Docs and I didn't know I had to click on the Share button for everyone to see the patterns.

Piecing instructions:

Attach parts A to E and set aside.
Attach parts I to J, and then attach part F to the top of them. 
Then attach part G and H [in this order] to the right [to the left if you're making the mirrored version]. 
Attach part D to the left [to the right if you're making the mirrored version] touching parts F,I,J,G. Set Aside.
Now attach the part above formed by pieces D,F,G,H to part B. Set Aside.
Attach this whole part with B, D, F, G, H, I, J pieces to part C. Set Aside.
Finally attach this whole part with pieces A+E you set aside in the beginning.
And you're done !

Hope you enjoyed it and if you make it, please share it at the Halloween Blog Hop Flickr Group. We'd LOVE to see our creations made by you !!!

And don't forget to visit all the other blogs that participate in this Blog Hop !!! You can find them here !!!

Have a great day !!! And I hope I didn't bore you !!! LOL 

xoxo
Sandy-

14 comments:

leslieanne said...

YOur pumpkin is awesome! BUt when I click on the pattern links it says I don't have access?

Madame Samm said...

HI Sandy..yes would love to make your pumpkin...but it says you need access...wish I may wish I might have this wish I wish tonight...lol

Debby said...

Love your block, but I can not access any of the patterns. It says I need to request access in Google drive/docs. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Cindy Staub said...

Adorable! I love your block!

Patricia said...

I can't access the patterns. Did you change the access settings on the document?

Sally said...

won't let us get to patterns ('you don't have permission....)--can you fix this?

MooseStash Quilting said...

Your Jack O Lantern is way too cute, but it won't let me download the pattern :-(

deborah said...

I love this block Sandy! It's amazing how pumpkin-carving has eevolved into an art form.

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

Thank you so much for your lovley comments !
I'm so sorry about the problem, it is fixed now. It was my first time uploading something to google docs and i didn't know I had to click on the Share button.
Enjoy !

Judith said...

Sandy, Thank you for sharing your Jack-O-Lantern. He is adorable. I am a new follower...Judith, Texas

Soma Acharya said...

He looks so whimsical and wonderful, Sandy! Thank you so much for all the effort you put in for the blog hop.

Hugs,
Soma :)

ruthiequilts said...

Yay Sandy!!! I printed it out without any problems! I'm glad you figured it out because he sure is cute!!! Thanks for a fabulous Jack-o-lantern pattern!

Karen in Tucson said...

What fun. Thanks for sharing it -- and your fabulous jack-o-lanterns!!

Janine said...

This is a wonderful pattern :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...