Sunday, January 17, 2010

Beginning of DQS8 quiltie...

Thise year I will slow down on swaps because I just want to focus in making some quilts for me and my family, but I couldn't resist to take part in the Doll Quilt Swap 8 !! It's the second time I participate in this swap and I love it ! This time I got a gorgeous partner that has lots of favorites and she just adds more day after day !!! She has clear ideas of what she likes so it was easy for me to think about what I'm gonna make for her. I sketched something already but decided to change a little that concept.

This is my original sketch...



And these are some of the fabrics I'm using for the quiltie, do you see a pattern here?



Well, let me tell you, I absolutely LOVE what I'm making for my partner, I love it soo much that I'm making one for me too !!! Yes !!! I'm making two quilts at the same time with slight differences !!!

Will show you the pieces as soon as I cut them all, hope by tomorrow, and I'll also show you how my 'Madonna Sixtina' embroidery is going. I decided to show you the embroidery every two weeks, if not you'll get bored to see it A LOT around here, it may take me A WHILE  to get it done !!! LOL

Have a nice day everyone !!

4 comments:

Tarnyia said...

Love those fabric colours... especially those limey greens haha.. can't wait to see your design :)

annemarie said...

Lovely fabrics - can't wait to see the quilt! You will not bore us with the embroidery progress - would love to see it.

Béa said...

Can't wait to see both quilts, love the sketch !

Angela said...

Lovely colors! Cant wait to see your progress! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...