Saturday, September 12, 2009

My DQS7...Sent!

After thinking a lot about what my partner would like I decided i'd go for circles inbright pastels, then I thought they weren't enough and decided to add a little butterfly just to give it a little bit of fun.
 And I realised it was too many circles with no other thing in the middle...well, at this stage I decided to make a little embroidery and began to browse all the pics and patterns I have for embroideries (lots of fun here!!!), and decided I'd stitch a little girl I saw one day, long time ago, at the Embroidery Flickr Pool (sorry, I don't have the link to it, but I guess it's still there, or if you want it I'll gladly e-mail it to you). This was a drawing that had stitched bubbles around it and the girl was blowing them. I fell in love!
So I hand copied the drawing for the little girl and embroidered it. But she was alone in the middle of a white fabric ! I thought of grass under her feet but didn't like the way it looked, and then...TA DA !!! I remembered The Little Prince on his planet and decided to build my little girl a planet for her!!! There she was, blowing away her dandelion on her little planet with lots of bright cirles and a butterfly to make her company!!!
I just wish my partner likes her !I do!
I used needle turn appliqué for the circles and raw edge machine appliqué for the butterfly. I embroidered the little girl with backstitch, and ended up with stippling, Done, off to its new home in...
Hope you like it!
Have a nice day everyone!

6 comments:

Béa said...

Lovely & beautiful quilt, I love how your design evolve ! kiss

annemarie said...

This is so pretty - I know your partner will cherist it - you do such beautiful work!

Billie said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Very creative, your partner is very lucky!

grandmarockton said...

I love it !

Wendy said...

I love, LOVE it! It is such a sweet and lovely quilt. Thank you for all the time and care you put into making such a darling quilt. I'll treasure it; there's a perfect spot in my sewing room for it! Thanks!!

Angela said...

This is just lovely! I love dandelions and this is so much fun! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...