Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spring Blooms Mini Quilt received...

IT ARRIVED, YESSSS!!!!!! And let me tell you, it was worth the wait !!!!!
I'm sooooo happy that I have it here to admire and pamper, still didn't find the right place for it, I want it to be a great place, so I'm still thinking, but meanwhile...I admire it every time I pass near it!!! LOL



This is the LOVELY quilt that Toni of Scrappy Stuff made exclusively for me, she herself batik and hand-dyed the fabrics some time ago and used them for me!!! Thank you Toni for that!!! I really LOVE the effect you achieved, especially the one in the middle, at the lower part of the leaf, that little bit with yellow is just gorgeous!!!

Oh My Gosh, it has so many things going on that it blows my mind!!

I hope you appreciate all of the beautiful work she's done in the quilt!!! I just hope the picture does it justice!!!



She appliquéd leaves, stitched beading, charms, a lovely butterfly button, painted with metallic paint and finally she made a gorgeous quilting with variegated thread, she quilted fantastic leaves all around!!! Just stunning!!!


She also wrote a beautiful phrase as part of the leaf: "Whatever is true...what is kind...be of like mind". Lovely saying, Toni!!! Thank you soooo much!!!

I just can't thank you enough!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! I'll treasure it !!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

And a big THANK YOU to Mishka that organized this wonderful swap through which I met wonderful people!!!
Have a great day everyone!!!

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Hola Sandy: que casualidad..a mi me toco enviarle el mini quilt a Toni Caro !! está bellísimo ese wallhanging !! besos....

Kaaren said...

What an amazing mini quilt. It's stunning.

Béa said...

Very beautiful quilt, better late than never, you are lucky !

Sandy Shirley said...

Hi Sandy - I'm so glad your quilt came and that you are thrilled with it! It is very beautiful! I'm starting to see those folded flowers you put on my quilt on a lot of blogs lately! They are amazing!

Terrie Sandelin said...

Definitely a treasure -- beautiful design and all the detailing is really wonderful.

ScrappyStuff said...

I'm so glad you liked it!
Finally getting around to blog hop again - what a crazy year!
You've been busy, hope all is well with you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...