Friday, June 26, 2009

Joyful Spring Birdies...


This is the title I chose for my Mini Quilt that I sent to my partner for the Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap. It measures 12" x 12". I made the branches and birdies with the needle turn appliqué technique, and then hand embroidered their tails, beaks and legs. I also hand embroidered the 'Spring Time' words on the Mini Quilt with DMC variegated thread. The cherry blossoms are made with the origami technique. Finally I hand quilted musical notes on it. I hope my partner likes it!! I sure love it, guess why?? It has birdies and cherry blossoms on it! Love that combo! Now it's going to its new home far away from here...


Close up of the tan birdie and the fabric origami flower...
Close up of the green birdie...


Detail of flowers...

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and check back soon for my 500 visits giveaway!!!

4 comments:

Béa said...

Very beautiful mini quilt, so tiny flowers !
I will be happy to be your secret partner, not yet received mine.
Kiss from France

Carol said...

Your wall hanging is gorgeous. i participated in the swap too. Lots of fun. Are you doing the summer one?

Lavinia said...

Hola! that miniquilt is soooo beautiful!!

Sabine said...

Hello Sandy,
today I found your blog... :-)
The mini quilt is so so beautiful, so creative!!!
I love the origami flowers, wow, I`ve never seen something before - so beautiful!
Greetings from Germany
Sabine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...