Sunday, May 24, 2009

BAQ Nine Patch Block Swap...and Stained Glass Lamp


I'm back again with a new WISP finished.

As you know I live in Buenos Aires and here we have have contact through the BAQ (Buenos Aires Quilting) Forum where Gloria organizes wonderful swaps. This time she decided to give the patchwork rookies an opportunity to enter a swap, so she chose the easiest block to make : the Nine Patch block. We're divided into two groups 0f 14 and have to make two 9" Nine Patch blocks for each of our partners.

The BAQ Nine Patch Blocks are due by July 15th but have been on my "To Do List" for some weeks now, and I couldn't help myself, I had to get the work done! I really don't like to think every day that I owe some blocks, especially when my partners have almost finished them. So I just got to them and finished the 28 blocks and mailed them on Saturday. Now I'm at ease, I can breathe deep and rest just for two seconds before I get to continue on my Mini Quilt for the Spring Blooms Mini Quilt Swap!

In the picture you can also see one of my favourite things...Stained glass lamps! I love them and love the technique. I wanted to learn how to make them for so many years and finally my dream came true 3 years ago. This is one of the lamps I have made with the Mackintosh Rose that I absolutelly adore! I hope you also like it!

Have a nice day everyone!

2 comments:

Maga said...

Saudações para vós de Lisboa, Portugal

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Sandy, your nine patch swap looks great. Looking at your blog your very talented.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...